Why Choose the Whistler Shuttle?
The Best Shuttle Departure Times
Need to catch a flight at YVR Airport? The Whistler to Vancouver Airport shuttle has the best range of departure times to suit your journey, including early morning and late night options. We highly recommend leaving Whistler a minimum of 5 hours before your departing flight at Vancouver Airport.
You choose your pickup location in Whistler, we pick-you up from your door. Choose from an extensive list of hotels and landmarks in Whistler Village and Whistler Creekside. We also provide a pickup service at private address for a small additional fee.
Whistler to Vancouver Airport Shuttle Schedules
June 24, 2020 – October 13, 2020
|Departs Whistler Gateway Loop||Estimated Arrival at YVR|
- All listed shuttle departure times from Whistler to Vancouver Airport are for the Gateway Loop bus shelter in Whistler village.
- Times for other pick-up locations in Whistler may vary by 5-30 minutes.
- Please check your confirmation email for your exact pick-up time.
Whistler To Vancouver Airport Shuttle FAQs
Don’t see your question here? Check out our full Whistler Shuttle FAQ or feel free to call or email. We would love to chat!
You may be in a van, a minibus or a bus (motor coach). Vehicle type depends on the volume of passengers travelling to Vancouver Airport, and the number of passengers that are arriving at Vancouver Airport on that day.
Your pick-up location is provided in your confirmation email. Please read it carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Your shuttle bus has a unique route, planned as the most efficient option for you and the other passengers on your vehicle. The last pick-up location in Whistler will most likely be the southernmost pick-up location required for passengers on your vehicle. This changes from trip to trip, but a pickup in Creekside would be your best bet.
No, we do not offer this guarantee. We recommend leaving Whistler at least 5 hours before your flight is scheduled for take-off. The typical travel time is 2.5 hours… but our shuttle buses are occasionally experience delays for a wide range of reasons that are beyond our control. For all travel, we recommend a comprehensive travel insurance policy to cover you in the event of missed flights and other issues.
Which Airport Shuttle Departure Time Should I Choose?
We highly recommend leaving Whistler a minimum of 5 hours before your flight departure time at Vancouver International Airport (YVR). The typical driving time from Whistler to Vancouver Airport is approximately 2.5 hours. We know that you want to stay in Whistler for as long as possible, but here’s why 5 hours makes sense:
- Weather – Whistler gets a lot of snow in the winter, which is great for skiing, but can make for slower winter driving conditions for our bus drivers on the Sea-to-Sky highway.
- Vancouver Traffic: 2.5 million people call Vancouver home. Congested traffic is a fact of life. The route from Whistler to Vancouver airport takes us across two bridges and through downtown. This route is subject to congestion during rush hour or bad weather.
- Airline and YVR check-in policies: You need to be at the airport well in advance of your flight to ensure smooth check-in and time to clear security.
- International Departures: Recommended time is a minimum of 2 hours before your departure time. Check-in cutoff is 1 hour.
- Domestic Departures: Recommended time is a minimum 1.5 hours before your departure time. Check-in cutoff is 45 minutes.
- Unforeseen circumstances: There is only one road from Whistler to Vancouver and it is subject to occasional construction or delays/closures due to accidents.